Sköna is seeking a Account Director with a kick-ass track record. As such, you’re not easily stressed. You’ve been in this business long enough to not let deadlines, clients or unforeseen changes rattle your zen. You multitask with fervent energy. But most importantly, you love partnering with clients and making people on your team the best version of themselves. You earn your clients’ trust with your strategic guidance, expertise, and creative problem-solving. Your experience means you have a natural gravitas; you’re the person who other people quiet down to hear what they have to say.
About Our Culture
We’re a small (but mighty) creative agency based in San Francisco with an office in Stockholm. We work with high tech clients, most of them B2B, on a range of creative services including digital marketing, website development, marketing strategy, brand development, event marketing, outdoor advertising, and much more. Our team is tight-knit and we love what we do. We like to do great work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We focus on collaboration to produce beautiful results, we leave our egos at the door and look for ways to always pitch in.
Specifics of the Job
- Client partner including advising clients and providing strategic guidance, acting as the clients’ ultimate go-to
- Understand client’s customers, competitors, marketplace and business challenges to proactively pitch creative ideas and strategies to clients
- Daily management, operations and growth of various accounts, working closely with creative and development teams
- Oversight and support on all team member accounts
- Overseeing and developing creative strategies and ensuring creative product is on brand and on strategy
- Develop opportunities for account growth – upsell, cross-sell
- Negotiating contracts and ensuring account profitability
- New business participation and support
- Mentor, guide, support and enable account team
- Resource planning and management
- Oversee and improve processes and structures
- 8+ years agency account service experience
- Min 5 years managing teams of people
- B2B experience and high tech experience
- High level of business acumen
- Excellence in project management
- BA in Business, Marketing or equivalent
5 signs that you are the right candidate
- You are a creative problem solver – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you act proactively.
- You have a doggedly curious spirit.
- You are fun to work with – and you have great people skills.
- You love design and using creative as a tool to help elevate brands and drive business growth.
- You like working in a small environment with a flat organization where everyone’s opinion is respected, in other words, the idea of Team Skona always coming first appeals to you!
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan, paid federal company holidays
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Competitive vacation policy
Sköna is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Sköna does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.